Admission in SGSITS Indore | Eligibility, SGSITS cutoff 2017, fees & SGSITS admission 2017 procedure
Get detailed information about admission in SGSITS Indore, SGSITS Cutoff 2017, SGSITS admission 2017, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking.
Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science (Initialized as SGSITS), Indore M.P, is a public autonomous technical Institution which was established in the year 1952. The Institute is almost one of the leading engineering institute in its life of over six decades. You will be making a smart career decision by getting admission in SGSITS, Indore.
If you are serious about getting admission in SGSITS Indore, collegekhabri.com will help you to get all the necessary information and knowledge you need like SGSITS cutoff 2017 and SGSITS admission 2017 procedure . In addition, our expert career counselors will guide you along the way so that you get the true picture in your head. For now, keep reading the article to know more about SGSITS Indore
Why get admission in SGSITS Indore and SGSITS admission 2017 procedure:
Other than Education, SGSITS Indore is set apart by its research work. Some of the centers which help in R&D are:
• Center for Nanotechnology
• Center for Lasers and Fibre Optics
• Central Computer Center
• Centre for VLSI Designs Entrepreneurship Development
• Cell Center for Advanced Automation
• Remote Sensing Cell
About SGSITS, Indore:
Shri Govindram Seksaria Kala Bhavan was originally the name of SGITS at the time of establishment. The institute came into existence as a result of the desire expressed by the Late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru to a group of leading industrialists of Indore to an establishment of a world class engineering institute. Today, SGSITS Indore is one of the prominent technical colleges of Indore. The college has been ranked in the Top 30-40 colleges in India.
SGSITS is affiliated by RGPV, Bhopal. NBA-AICTE, New Delhi has accredited the Institute. UGC awarded the autonomous status to SGSITS, Indore in 1989.
It provides courses for B.E in 8 streams, M.E in 5 Streams, M.Sc in 4 streams, M.Tech in 3 streams, MCA and M.Pharma as well.
The primary goal of SGSITS, Indore is to develop the human resource through top quality education and imparting of technical knowledge to contribute to the betterment of the society. It aims to produce competent professionals who are technically viable and have enough practical exposure while giving enough emphasis on human values.
- Bachelor of Engineering [B.E] in 5 streams
The applicant must have cleared the Higher Secondary Examination from either CBSE or any recognized state board.
- Master of Engineering [M.E] in 7 streams
The applicant must have cleared either B.E. or B. Tech in the concerned branch with a minimum score of 55% marks. The students belonging to either SC, ST or OBC category will get 10% relaxation.
- Master of Science [M.Sc] in 4 streams
You must hold a B. Sc degree in the stream that you seek with a score of at least 45% marks to be eligible.
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] in 2 streams
The applicant must have cleared either B.E. or B. Tech in the concerned branch with a minimum score of 55% marks. The candidates belonging to either SC, ST, or OBC category get 10% relaxation.
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] in 2 streams
The applicant needs to hold either B.Pharm. or equivalent degree with a score of at least 60%. The candidates belonging to either SC, ST, or OBC category get 10% relaxation. The candidates who have cleared GPAT will be assessed on their valid score, while Non-GPAT candidates will be assessed on the basis of Entrance exam.
- Master of Computer Applications [M.C.A.]
The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree aggregating 50% marks minimum. The candidates belonging to either SC, ST, or OBC category get 5% relaxation.
The Institute provides a wide range of facilities for its students to help them have an overall development. They are-
- The enormous campus spans across 85,000 sq. meters.
- The central library is three-floor building in an area of 2037 sq.ft. It has 80000+ Books, 2500 Back Volumes, 3000 thesis, and Reports, 2500 CDs
- The library has the Libsys Library software with Web OPAC. and Library search engine to search information regarding library’s books etc.
- 1000+ quality Video lectures and a subscription to more than 18000 national and international journals.
- 40 PCs, 3 servers, Scanner, Library LAN, Campus Wide Networks (CWN).
- Additionally, Internet speed up to 2 Mbps is available in all computers.
- The Central Library houses a huge collection of books, journals as well as digital content.
- 4 boys hostels, as well as 2 girls hostels, are there to provide accommodation to the students.
- Moreover, there also are 44 staff quarters for the faculty members.
- The college playground hosts plenty of Sports activities and competitions
- The spacious Classrooms are nicely ventilated as well as well-furnished.
- For the physical development of the students, there is a Gymnasium as well as an Indoor sports complex
- The Auditorium has a seating capacity of 275 students.
- A Guest house is also there inside the campus.
- Modern instruments provide for efficient laboratories.
- A branch of Oriental Bank provides banking services in the campus itself.
- The Canteen and the Cafeteria serve snacks and food.
- The college Dispensary takes care of the first-aid of the students when needed.
- The students can make the use of Co-operative stores present inside the premises.
Various facilities are provided to the students so that they can follow their passion or hobbies in free time whether it is literary and cultural activities, Social gathering, festivals, fresher’s day, hostel night etc. are the regular annual events that take place in the Institution. Students also participate in inter-college and inter-university competitions Some of them are as follows-
- SurSangam- A musical event comprising of Vocal & Instrumental competitions which are organized by the students every year.
- An Intra College Debate and Painting Competition.
The Training and Placement (T&P) Cell is doing quite a great job since its inception, a few years ago. It has tie-ups with several companies. Subsequently, it arranges internship training for the students. Furthermore, it also invites companies to conduct recruitment drives in the campus.
Some of the regular recruiter companies include Aditya Birla Group, Barclay’s Technology, Mahindra & Mahindra, Idea, Ranbaxy, Texas Instrument, Accenture, Wipro, Angel Broking, L&T, Snapdeal, Pinnacle, Tata Consultancy Engineers, Syntel, Unisys, Capgemini, Saint-Gobain, JK Cement, Adani Group, Zensar Technologies, Axis Bank, Videocon, Asian Paints and Trident Group.
In the Academic year 2016, SGSITS was successful in placing its 1000+ students in more than 100 companies including prestigious firms like TCS, Infosys, Adani Group, ITC, Aditya Birla Group, L&T, Mahindra, Ranbaxy, Reliance Power, Wipro, Persistent, Axis Bank, and many more.
To conclude, Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science (SGSITS), Indore is one of the best engineering institutions in today’s scenario. You will greatly increase your performance with the help of education, training, and exposure, which in turn will increase your career prospects. So, grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get admission in SGSITS, Indore.
If you do not share this vision, you can even opt for any other college by gathering sufficient information from collegekhabri. This website will guide you through the selection of your college. But, at last, you will be the ultimate decision-making authority.