Delhi University Admission 2017 | DU admission process
University of Delhi (Delhi University) is one of the prestigious university of India. The University offers various UG and PG programs in the field of engineering, medical, commerce, science, etc. The Delhi University admission 2017 for MD/MS & MDS courses has been started. Here, we are providing the detailed information about DU Admission 2017, application form dates, syllabus and complete admission process of the Delhi university.
Delhi University Undergraduate admission (DU UG Admission) for the academic session 2017-18 was tentatively scheduled to start by the end of March this year. The admission notification is not out though but is expected to begin soon. The CBSE board exams are over and more than a lakh students would soon queue up to Delhi University for admission to 77 affiliated colleges. The University of Delhi conducts application process in the online mode now which is a huge sigh of relief for students. The online application process allows students from even the remotest corners of the country to apply for admission at the admission.
Recently six DU colleges featured in the top ten colleges list as per NIRF India Ranking 2017 released by Ministry of the Human resource of Development. The performance of DU colleges in the NIRF ranking shows the University’s prowess in terms of teaching, research, infrastructure, and outreach.
DU Admission Process
DU admission process generally involves two processes: direct admission based on cut off marks and admission based on entrance exam. For courses where admission is based on cut-off marks, the university releases cut off marks for different courses and colleges.
For admission to certain courses such as B.Tech., BMS, BBA – FIA, BBS, BA (Hons.) Economics etc. the university conducts entrance test. For entrance-based courses, there are no cut off marks required, but students got to have a minimum required percentage in 10+2.
For candidates who complete their 10+2 from a board which is not accredited with AIU, UGC or MHRD, the university will release a separate merit list. The University has a unique grade point conversion system for such cases.
How to submit your application online
- Shall have to apply online through UG admission portal
- Shall have to choose the course/ college seats online as per the notification
- Opting for ECA and sports quota shall have to apply online, as well
- Shall have to sign up at the portal by providing the email id (valid; this will be the mode of communication with the University thereafter) and phone number
- Shall have to confirm the registration
- Shall complete the registration after “signup”
- Shall fill all the eight sections with accurate information
- Shall deposit the application fee
Documents need to be uploaded during the online registration process:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant. The specification of the passport size photo is same as that used in the Indian Passport.
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self-attested copy of Class X Board Certificate (for the date of birth)
- Self-attested Class XII Marks-Sheet, if the result is announced. (In case Mark-Sheet is not issued by the Board then the self-attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective boards’ website should be uploaded).
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/KM/CW Certificate, if applicable.
- Self-attested copy of income certificate (for OBC non-creamy layer) Certificate, if applicable.
- Self-attested copy of Sports Certificate(s) for last three years, if applicable.
- Self-attested copy of Extracurricular Activities Certificate(s), if applicable